Do you know someone who is dieting? Do you know someone who struggles with food, exercise and weight? If so, I can help. My name is Katie Jeffrey and I am a registered dietitian nutritionist who works with individuals to discover the “why” behind their food choices and eating behaviors by teaching them to eat mindfully in order to reach optimal health and energy. I also specialize in sports nutrition. I help athletes reach their full athletic potential by combining sports nutrition and mindful eating education.
Nutrition counseling may be right for you if you:
• Feel you don’t have as much energy as you should
• Would like to reach a healthy weight without dieting
• Want to be in charge of your eating
• Would like to eat foods you love without overeating or guilt
• Want to stop mindless and emotional eating
• Would like to eat healthier without depriving yourself
• Have high cholesterol or blood pressure
• Have pre-diabetes or diabetes
• Have food allergies or intolerances, or have issues regarding food or eating
Sports nutrition counseling may be right for you or someone you know if you:
• Would like to reach your full athletic potential
• Are looking to gain muscle or optimize your body composition
• Are uncertain whether you are eating the right amount of carbohydrates, protein and fat
• Would like to learn how to properly fuel and refuel your body
• Would like to reduce your injury risk, strengthen your immune system, decrease inflammation
During individual nutrition and sports nutrition counseling, I will:
• Offer support and encouragement in a nurturing, non-judgmental environment.
• Review what you are eating and drinking as well as your eating habits and behaviors.
• I will also look at any supplements you are taking.
• We will work together to develop strategies to help you make healthy sustainable lifestyle changes which will optimize your health and/or athletic performance.
• And, we will work as a team to create nutritious, tasty meals and snacks that fit your food preferences, energy needs and food availability.
• The best way for us to work together is by meeting face-to-face. However, if we are unable to find a convenient time for us to meet in person we can schedule a phone or Skype consultation.