Why should you work with Katie Jeffrey? Working with me, you will:
• Enhance your overall health and energy by creating a realistic, attainable meal plan.
• Eliminate or reduce medications you may be taking for diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol, gastrointestinal issues, arthritis and other medical conditions.
• Develop individualized goals that fit your unique needs, lifestyle, food preferences, physical activity level and nutrition knowledge.
• Learn information and tools to help you make healthy lifestyle changes.
The benefits of us working together are:
• Learn what is really standing in your way of achieving your health goals.
• Learn strategies to enjoy food in the real world without depriving yourself.
• Make peace with food and eliminate possible feelings of guilt associated with eating.
• Learn to honor your hunger and fullness cues by eating mindfully.
• Learn why dieting doesn’t work for the long-term.
• Support and encouragement throughout your journey to reach optimal health.
Mindful Eating Nutrition
Mindfulness is being fully in the present moment so that you can listen and honor your body’s signals of hunger and fullness. This allows you to enjoy food when you are hungry rather than ravenous and stop eating when you are satisfied as opposed to full, overfull or stuffed. Eating mindfully enables you to determine the reasons why you eat.
Individuals who eat mindfully make conscious decisions about why, when, what, and how much to eat based on their internal signals of hunger and fullness as well the nutritional content of food. This is a realistic approach to healthy eating and living that can be maintained for life.
By applying my simply message of Think. Fuel. Excel. TM to your eating behaviors and daily lifestyle choices you can reach your optimal health and maximize your energy.
Think. Why do I eat?
The first step to reaching your optimal health is to be aware of the reasons why you eat. Thinking about why you eat will help you eat mindfully and make conscious decisions about how you nourish your body.
Fuel. What foods and drinks do I consume to nourish my body for optimal health?
The type of food you choose affects your health and well-being today as well as your future health. Selecting nutrient-rich foods and beverages leads to optimum health and reduces the risk of chronic diseases such as high cholesterol, elevated blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.
Excel. How does mindful eating optimize my health?
By eating mindfully and enjoying nutrient-rich foods and beverages (a majority of the time) you will be able to excel at life.
By combining mindful eating with accurate nutrition knowledge you will enjoy optimal health and excel at life.
Think. Fuel. Excel. TM
What does a typical Nutrition Counseling Session include?
Sessions may vary based upon your personal needs and goals.
• 30-minute Introduction to Nutrition Counseling Session
o Meet with me to discuss how nutrition counseling can help you achieve your health goals
o Possible topics include:
- Medical health history
- Supplement/medication review and recommendations
- Food and beverage analysis
- Examination of current lifestyle and food preferences
- Basic nutrition information
- Mindfully eating: what is it and how it can help you reach your goals
- Creation of goals to begin your journey to optimal health
• 75- or 90-minute initial nutrition session or follow-up session to the 30-minute introductory session typically includes:
o All of the above topics plus . . . . .
o Determination of energy and macronutrient requirements for optimal health
o Review of the essential nutrients that affect health and also which many individuals are consuming inadequate amounts of
o Recommendations for how to consume appropriate intakes of essential nutrients from whole foods and beverages for optimal health and energy
o Mindful eating education
o Creating specific, individualized goals
Follow-up sessions include a review of the prior session, an evaluation of recent lifestyle changes, a discussion of how to accomplish any goals not yet achieved as well as relevant and up-to-date nutrition information.
All sessions are personalized to meet your specific needs and help you achieve your goals.
Topics that may be covered include:
o Strategies for learning how to eat mindfully: learn how to eat intuitively &/or eliminate overeating, emotional eating, eating when not physically hungry, &/or the all-or-nothing mentality
o How to build balanced, nutrient-rich meals and snacks.
o Meal and snack suggestions.
o How to set realistic and enjoyable physical activity goals.
o What to look for on food labels.
o Grocery shopping guidelines.
o Eating out dynamics for a healthy weight.
o Restaurant recommendations.
o Healthy cooking &/or baking.
o Recipe makeover.
o How to increase your antioxidant intake to reduce inflammation and your risk for heart disease, cancer and other chronic diseases.
o Eat to reduce your medications.
o How to reduce your risk of heart disease How to manage high blood pressure, cholesterol or triglycerides.
o Eat right to sleep better.
o How nutrition can reduce your PMS.
Inspiration to help you on your journey of optimizing your health and well-being:
I will strive to live in the present moment. I will be grateful for my body and all it has to offer. I will realize where I am today rather than dwell in the future where I want to be because the journey of reaching my goals is the most important part of this experience. Achieving my goals is the result of making positive lifestyle changes that will become healthy habits with work, consistency and patience. I understand that ‘slip-ups’ are a natural part of life and I will strive to learn from these experiences. I have the ability to optimize my health and well-being. ~ Katie Jeffrey, MS, RD, CSSD, LDN
To access the HIPAA NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
Please contact me for additional information or to schedule an appointment.