EXCEL Workshop for Athletes
I am excited to be working with Tom Allen, sports psychologist, to offer this empowering workshop series that provides scientifically based practical ways to fully optimize sports performance by teaching athletes and/or coaches how to properly fuel one’s body and manage the psychological demands of athletics.
Think. Fuel. Excel.TM
Presenter: Katie Jeffrey, Licensed & Registered Dietitian Nutritionist & Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics
Did you know that nutrition is typically the missing link to optimizing athletic potential? Knowing how to properly fuel & refuel the body is essential to maximizing sports performance.
Properly fueling the body will lead to:
1. Optimal performance & body composition.
2. More energy & less fatigue
3. Better & faster recovery
4. Minimized soreness & inflammation
5. Reduced injury risk & improved return-to-play time after injury or surgery
6. Fewer sick days
7. Ability to excel at sports for many years.
Presenter: Tom Allen, Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
It has been said that achieving in sport is 80% mental but how much training do most athletes get in this aspect of their performance? Managing the psychological demands of your sport will give you the mental toughness & competitive edge you need.
In these sessions you will learn:
1. Emotional control during competition
2. Mental skills necessary for maximum focus
3. Strategies for effective goal setting
4. How to Achieve an optimal state of arousal known as “the zone”
5. The use of visualization and imagery to enhance performance
6. Confidence building through positive thought strategies
Time: 7 pm to 8:30 pm
Location: Independence Physical Therapy, 2440 Gold Star Highway, Mystic, CT 06355
When: Tuesdays: August 12, 19 & 26 *** Thursdays: August 14, 21 & 28
6 Athlete Sessions PLUS 2 Complimentary Parent Sessions
For information & to register contact Katie Jeffrey, firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.917.6131 or Tom Allen, email@example.com
For additional information or if you are interested in hosting an EXCEL workshop series please contact Katie Jeffrey.