What are some fast and easy breakfast ideas?
With a little bit of planning you can enjoy breakfast every day. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Ready-to-eat breakfast cereal with fruit. Look for cereals that contain 3 or more grams of fiber per serving and 5 grams or less of sugar per serving.
2. Fruit and hot cereal. Try oatmeal or oat bran.
3. Whole grain toast, English muffin or mini bagel with yogurt and fruit. Try something different on your toast such as low-fat cottage cheese with jam, or nut butter with jam, or Laughing Cow wedges with jam.
4. All-natural Greek yogurt with wheat germ or milled flax seed and fruit.
5. Cottage cheese with berries and sliced banana. Top with cinnamon.
6. Mix up your favorite dry cereal plus dried fruit and nuts. Prepare the mix the night before so you can grab it on your way out the door. For a more complete breakfast enjoy with a glass of milk or all-natural yogurt.
7. Omelet or scrambled eggs prepared with low-fat cheese and vegetables.
8. Breakfast burrito with vegetables served in a whole wheat tortilla shell.
9. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread with all-natural yogurt.
10. Whole grain waffle topped with low-fat yogurt, berries and/or sliced banana.
11. Frozen whole grain waffle topped with peanut butter and honey or pure maple syrup.
12. Leftover vegetable pizza or pasta, dinner leftovers, or sandwich with milk.
Now, there are no excuses to miss this extremely important meal of the day with these fast and easy breakfast ideas.